We have no at all looked at performance, since focus was to get it working,
then to get it stable. On the hangs, we hope to have already fixed them. I
just tagged ZFS so the version should say
ZFS: Loaded module v0.6.2-rc1, ZFS pool version 5000, ZFS filesystem
version 5

As long as you don't change "zfs.arc_meta_limit" it should be stable. If
you are trying to lift this limit, you need to run the special branch
"bmalloc", that lets ZFS go over the kernel 1/8 memory limit.

As for performance that is to come.