On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@jsonified.com> wrote:

> On 17. März 2014 at 19:17:23, Philip Robar (philip.ro...@gmail.com) wrote:
> > I admit to being one whose eyes glaze over when the discussion turns to
> > i18n/l10n. So why should I use formD normalization?
>
> Because (as you point out ;-) poorly written software won't work.
>
> iTunes is one of them, sadly.

OK, let me try again. I read a description of the various normalization
forms and despite my being a native speaker of English I couldn't find any
meaning in the words. (Something, unfortunately all too common when it
comes to standards docs.) So can you explain for the naive and mildly
interested what "formD" means?

Phil

--

---