*Finder *is one of them.

When I first migrated my Linux-created ZFS mirror pool over to ZEVO (after
tearing down my NAS box, and housing my data in a pair of simple Firewire
800 enclosures), I noticed that files that were there in the command line
were missing in Finder. Sometimes Finder would flash a folder full of files
upon opening, and then just make most of the icons (files) disappear.

These disappearing files were ones with native characters in their names.
Since the pool was already created, I had no option of setting
normalization at a ZFS level, so I just wrote a script to go through all
the files and rename them to a FormD name. Finder suddenly started working
normally.