On 19. März 2014 at 17:26:55, Daniel Jozsef (daniel.joz...@gmail.com) wrote:
> *Finder *is one of them.

aah yes, you’re right! I’ve found that some of these files were not accessible
via terminal either in my case.

> When I first migrated my Linux-created ZFS mirror pool over to ZEVO (after
> tearing down my NAS box, and housing my data in a pair of simple Firewire
> 800 enclosures), I noticed that files that were there in the command line
> were missing in Finder. Sometimes Finder would flash a folder full of files
> upon opening, and then just make most of the icons (files) disappear.
> These disappearing files were ones with native characters in their names.
> Since the pool was already created, I had no option of setting
> normalization at a ZFS level, so I just wrote a script to go through all
> the files and rename them to a FormD name. Finder suddenly started working
> normally.

Can you elaborate on how you did that? BTW normalisation can be set at the
dataset (zfs filesystem) level, not just the pool.

To fix mine, I exported the pool, booted a VM with raw disk access, in FreeBSD
(mfsBSD actually), created new datasets and used rsync to copy them over. All
was well after rebooting back to osx again.

Dave Cottlehuber
Sent from my PDP11