On transferring this dataset via zfs send, and incrementals, from OSX
to FBSD, I find I can't access some directories, even as root (gasp).

A humble `sudo /bin/ls -AFGhl /zfs/shared/repos` returns:

drwxr-xr-x   23 502   staff    28B 28 Mar 23:40 ppsp/
ls: ./preferences: Invalid argument
drwxr-xr-x    6 502   staff     6B 31 Mar 09:59 preferences/
drwxr-xr-x    5 502   staff     9B  2 Sep  2013 presentations/
drwxr-xr-x    5 502   staff    10B 26 Mar 18:00 prezto/

which is the same for github_repos.txt and json-generator as well - 1
file, and 1 other dir.
I'm doing a new scrub but as this is done regularly I'm not expecting
any big surprises.

Any ideas what to poke at next? remote access to both systems is
available if useful.

I'm happy to raise this somewhere else too if that makes more sense.