On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:28 PM, James Hoyt <djnati...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried searching if my drives are 4k with no luck. I saw an article
> back from 2010 stating hard drives were planning to all be 4k in
> 2011... this leads me to believe that they are 4k since I purchased
> them new last year. Crap D: Is there a for sure way I can see if they
> are 4k? Could this be my performance issue or is it just because my
> directories have large amounts of folders/files in them?

A search on "HDS723030BLE640 4k" shows that these are 4k drives with
emulated 512 sectors. I didn't even need to follow any links,
just skimmed through the Google results:

"Hi, I bought 2x 3TB model HDS723030BLE640. ... A6 & E6 are both SATA
6GB/s, but A6 is block size 512 native mode while B6 is 512 emulation with
4K block"

The poster gets which letters he's talking about a little confused, but
it's clear that the HDS723030*A*... are 512 sector drives and the HDS723030
*B*... are 4K. (https://www.facebook.com/HGSTStorage/posts/225105534286344)

Phil