 Dear All,

 I think there is some confusion here.

Am 07.07.14 22:25, schrieb S P Arif Sahari Wibowo:
> On 2014-07-05, 23:01, ilove...@icloud.com wrote:
>> Normalization is not available in file system version 2.
>
> Just to confirm: are you saying MacZFS does not support
> normalization?
>
> Well, at least that will be consistent, then. I thought MacZFS
> support normalization due to several posting which mentioned
> normalization settings, such as:
> https://code.google.com/p/maczfs/issues/detail?id=53
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/maczfs-devel/afg0R2jITKc/IWxaKv5c6ggJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/zfs-macos/uX2C778Kcv0

 The MacZFS 74.x.x does not support setting an explicit normalization.

 It is supposed to default to formD, i.e. deliver "the right thing" on
 Mac OS X.  Creating filenames with "strange" characters like the "ö" in
 my (correct) name in Finder should simply work.  (Can't recheck right
 now, not at my dev machine.)

 The o3x, OpenZFSonOSX or what ever the current name is does support
 explicit setting of the normalization at file system creation time,
 provided the selected pool version does allow to store the
 normalization flag.

 In short, OpenZFSonOSX, when asked to make a MacZFS 74 pool, i.e. a
 pool with version=8, will refuse to set a normalization form, but will
 accept to set a normalization form when asked to create a pool with a
 recent version.

>> As for creating a pool that can use "all features supported by
>> those solutions," that is impossible
>
> Sorry, that was a typo, I meant, "all features commonly supported
> by those solutions", i.e. greatest common denominator.

 The simplest way to do so is to create the pool with MacZFS 74.x.x
 Such a pool can be imported and used under ZoL, ZFS-FUSE (Linux) and
 OpenZFSonOSX.

 It should not show interoperability problems.  If it nevertheless
 does, please report here, so we can figure out which of the four
 implementations is misbehaving - which is not necessarily the one
 where the problem surfaces.

 Best regards

    Björn

- --
|     Bjoern Kahl   +++   Siegburg   +++    Germany     |
| "googlelogin@-my-domain-"   +++   www.bjoern-kahl.de  |
| Languages: German, English, Ancient Latin (a bit :-)) |