On Monday, 7 July 2014 22:38:33 UTC+1, Bjoern Kahl wrote:

… MacZFS 74.x.x … is supposed to default to formD, i.e. deliver "the right
> thing" on
>  Mac OS X.  Creating filenames with "strange" characters like the "ö" in
>  my (correct) name in Finder should simply work. …

Please, take a Terminal view of names of files that were created using
Finder. For names that included characters such as *é* or *ö*, in Finder:
is everything as expected when listed in Terminal?

A highlight from the discussion linked from MacZFS issue 53:

Je viens justement de désinstaller la mort dans l'âme la version pourtant
> dite stable de MacZFS suite au constat d'un bug grave de disparition
> aléatoire de fichiers dont le nom contient des accents, non résolu depuis 3
> ans et classé comme "low priority" par l'équipe...

Also, amongst the answers to frequently asked questions:

… Beware of filenames containing non-ASCII characters. Any such filename