Software does not always work with other software and/or hardware, this is
neither a limitation or a feature, just reality of needs.

If enough people use SmartReporter or similar tools for whatever reasons,
someone will probably take the time to update the OpenZFS code.

You can open a ticket if you can provide more detail and eventually I'm sure
the issue will be resolved.

Jason
Sent from my iPhone 5S