In my pool, I had a disk that got a smart error (bad block), so I pulled it
out, installed a new one and made a
"zpool replace disk5s2 806745480046791602". (That number was shown when
typing "zpool status" as the missing device.)

The resilver process started, but it seems that the new disk is faulty,
because it disappears from the device list infrequently, but still at least
every 6 hours (I have Temperature Monitor running which shows me all disks
by serial number).

So I want to change it. But zpool detach <poolname> dev/disk5s2 gives the
error "no such device in pool".

How can I abort the resilvering process? Or is there another way to restart
the resilvering with a new disk?

The original disk with the bad block is already on its way to Western
Digital (it was still in warranty).

For more options, visit