So I have decided to get an LSI SAS/SATA 8 port raid card for my hackintosh and
change my pool from…
2 mirrors of 2x3TB Seagate Barracuda (4 drives)  —TO—> 1 RaidZ2 of 6x3TB
Seagate Barracuda
My intention is to set up a complete backup of the whole pool also but since
that is not done yet I can’t juggle the data that way.

Are there ANY options other than creating the raidz2 in a new pool,
transferring all the data and then scrapping the old pool?
Can I clone the pool with settings, filesystems, mountpoints and all onto a new
Can I mirror the old pool with the raidz and then scrap the old part of the
mirror? This sounds dangerous though, making a vdev containing other vdevs..
(if even possible)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

For more options, visit