Not sure what you have read about mirrors, I have yet to see any such issue
across 15 such setups.

Now Raidz2 also has its caveats, and for the average individual I really do
recommend mirrors for actual redundancy. If you build Raidz2 then you need to
do that as a mirror of another raidz2 or have a very good backup strategy and
that almost always goes to mirrors. ;)

I really don't see many people running into the memory issues unless you turn
dedup on, ouch! I can only speak from experience but I have a good size client
base all on ZFS running daily for years. All issues can be tracked back to
hardware failure and that is to be expected. Also almost always easy to recover
from with ZFS.

However everyone makes their own decisions on data at hand and you may be ahead
of the curve.

Jason Belec
Sent from my "It's an iPod, a Phone, and an Internet Device..."