On another note, never scrub if your not sure what's wrong.

A little more detail. I have recently seen what your encountering several
times.  It was at least one faulty cable in each case once it was two. Once
fixed everything was perfect.

Yes the -v fails, been that way for awhile now concerning permissions.

Jason Belec
Sent from my "It's an iPod, a Phone, and an Internet Device..."