These are internal drives and have never been flaky.  I use this pool as
backup so nothing is lost I just have a need to understand  what may have
happened before I recreate the pool and how, maybe, to recover.  The next
time it may be more critical.
Looking at console there are crash dumps that show zfs crashing in
avl_insert trying to update its mount table, not good.

I love poking internals. :)