OK.

Of course 'never' is not a term associated with rotating rust.

I have data that suggests 80% of failures are do to cables, they just take
drives along for fun. Check the connectors, any split? Sometimes only
noticeable when warm to hot.

Have you check the power across various points on the supply, motherboard,
drives?

If your really sure it cannot in any way be hardware, I'm at a loss. I have yet
to see a single software related failure.

Jason Belec
Sent from my "It's an iPod, a Phone, and an Internet Device..."