Hi Anders,

Am 17.11.14 um 17:28 schrieb Anders Wallén:
> Sorry about the delay.
>
> Answer: No.
>
> I have checked the cable at both ends, and found no errors.
>
> Here is a transcript of today's exercises
>
>> anderswallen:~ anderswa$ sudo zpool list
>>
>> NAME      SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
>>
>> array_2  29,1T  14,8T  14,3T    50%  1.00x  UNAVAIL  -
>>
>> anderswallen:~ anderswa$ sudo zpool status -v array_2
>
> pool: array_2
>
> state: ONLINE
>
> status: One or more devices are faulted in response to IO
> failures.
>
> action: Make sure the affected devices are connected, then run
> 'zpool clear'.
>
> see: http://zfsonlinux.org/msg/ZFS-8000-HC
>
> scan: resilvered 12,5K in 0h0m with 0 errors on Mon Nov  3
> 18:00:02 2014
>
> config:
>

> NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>
> array_2       ONLINE       1     7     0
>
> raidz2-0    ONLINE       4    24     0
>
> disk5s2   ONLINE       4    12     0
>
> disk6s2   ONLINE       3    16     0
>
> disk7s2   ONLINE       3    18     0
>
> disk8s2   ONLINE       4    22     0
>
> disk9s2   ONLINE       4    22     0
>
> disk10s2  ONLINE       4    20     0
>
> disk11s2  ONLINE       4    16     0
>
> disk12s2  ONLINE       4    18     0
>

> errors: List of errors unavailable (insufficient privileges)
>
> anderswallen:~ anderswa$ sudo zpool clear -F array_2
>
> cannot clear errors for array_2: I/O error

 as Jason already said, it *looks* like a hardware fault.  But if you
 suspect a software problem, you can do a partial cross-check by asking
 ZDB to scan your drives.  Running ZDB in part exercises different code
 paths in the ZFS system, so may behave differently than the kernel
 level driver if you really have a software problem.

 (I wrote "partial", because ZDB and the kernel level driver share
  significant code parts (all the ZFS logic), but with ZDB being
  userland, it hooks into the disk driver logic at a different point
  than the kernel level driver.)

 If I remember correctly, there was also a way to use ZDB to get to the
 error log, though not sure at the moment and not in reach of a test
 machine right now.

 Another thought:

 Have you rebooted recently?  I suspect "yes", since you wrote you
 inspected the cables which usually requires a power down.

 In case not, reboot the box.  It will probably render the pool offline
 / faulted, but in rare circumstances it could also clear the problem,
 if caused by the kernel level driver getting confused.  Should not
 happen, but you never know ...

 Best regards

    Björn

> Den onsdagen den 12:e november 2014 kl. 19:14:29 UTC+1 skrev
> jasonbelec:
>>
>> Anders, got it resolved?
>>
>> Jason Belec Sent from my "It's an iPod, a Phone, and an Internet
>> Device..."
>>
>> On Nov 11, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Anders Wallén <anders...@mac.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings, All!
>>
>> I migrated over to O3X since MacZFS didn't work with Yosemite.
>>
>> Now I have encountered a problem. I have already posted about it
>> over at the O3X forum, but no-one there seems to know what to do
>> and/or be interested.
>>
>> The array "array_2" no longer shows its content, wether in
>> Finder or in Terminal.
>>
>> I tried the zpool scrub command, to see if that would resolve
>> the problem. I got this return:
>>
>> zpool scrub array_2 cannot scrub array_2: pool I/O is currently
>> suspended
>>

>> Some more info:
>>
>> sudo zpool status -v array_2 pool: array_2 state: ONLINE status:
>> One or more devices are faulted in response to IO failures.
>> action: Make sure the affected devices are connected, then run
>> 'zpool clear'. see: http://zfsonlinux.org/msg/ZFS-8000-HC scan:
>> resilvered 12,5K in 0h0m with 0 errors on Mon Nov 3 18:00:02 2014
>> config:
>>
>> NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM array_2 ONLINE 2 7 0 raidz2-0 ONLINE
>> 6 30 0 disk11s2 ONLINE 3 26 0 disk12s2 ONLINE 4 22 0 disk13s2
>> ONLINE 4 22 0 disk14s2 ONLINE 4 22 0 disk15s2 ONLINE 3 22 0
>> disk16s2 ONLINE 3 28 0 disk17s2 ONLINE 3 26 0 disk18s2 ONLINE 3
>> 24 0
>>
>> errors: List of errors unavailable (insufficient privileges)
>>

>> Even with "sudo" I am not allowed to view the error list.
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> after following the supplied link, I ran "zpool clear":
>>
>> sudo zpool clear array_2 cannot clear errors for array_2: I/O
>> error
>>

>> So... It didn't work. What do I do now? Any suggestions are
>> greatly appreciated.

- --
|     Bjoern Kahl   +++   Siegburg   +++    Germany     |
| "googlelogin@-my-domain-"   +++   www.bjoern-kahl.de  |
| Languages: German, English, Ancient Latin (a bit :-)) |