*Please kindly give reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This is my direct client opening for a SAN Engineer – San Francisco, CA.
This is long term contract. The hourly rate is $40 to $45 and local
*Experience with Window 2000/2003, IP network, Fibre Channel network,
High-end SAN array systems, data replication, backup is the basic
requirement for this Network Engineer (SAN) position. You will also be
responsible for resolution of network systems, operating system and
application troubleshooting. Ideal candidate must have solid foundations of
Windows security fundamentals, networking, TCP/IP, Compaq/HP SAN and servers
technology, and Microsoft Clusters technology. Good understanding of SQL
Servers or any Microsoft Back Office Suite servers will be a plus.
*Ability to maintain SAN hardware and troubleshoot and resolve production
problems in a timely manner.
• Recommend, plan for and implement SAN hardware upgrades.
• Assist in the administration and troubleshooting of Windows servers and
• Automate systems monitoring task using standard monitoring tools.
• Ensures the development and use of an effective preventive maintenance
program suitable to meet the operation objective of "99.9% availability".
• Ensure backup of data according to recommended policies for Microsoft-base
• Responsibility for proactively managing and optimizing sites and systems.
• Assists in planning, designing and implementing a high quality production
• Assists in evaluating, recommending, and selecting equipment, services and
• Maintain and update documentation of the computing environment.
*• 3 years hands-on experience in a mission-critical production environment
of 100+ servers using Microsoft Windows 2000/2003, Fibre Channel SAN and
storage array systems.
• Hands-on experience configuring and installing Windows 200x, SQL Server,
and MS Clusters
• Hands-on TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows
• Experience with HP storage array hardware, Netapp FAS systems, Brocade
Switches, Cisco MDS fibre channel switches and HP systems/server/storage
• Experience setting policies, procedures, network software and hardware
standards, documentation standards.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP Windows 2000 minimum
• A minimum of 5 years of server build, server troubleshooting and server
• 3 years hands-on experience in the administration, maintenance and backup
policy configuration of data protection and backup of production Windows
2000/2003 servers, SQL 2000/2005 servers, Exchange servers and Active
• Familiarity with Unix systems (Linux/Redhat & Solaris) and able to provide
at least helpdesk level support on those platforms is a plus.
• Familiarity with VMware ESX server TCP/IP, iSCSI SAN, FC SAN and backup is
Skills required: ASP/HTML, Windows 2000, Compaq/HP SAN Technology and fluent
in at least one scripting language such Java Script or VB Script.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS SAN vendor and SNIA
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated
Total SAN Engineer Experience:
Total Windows 2000/2003 Experience:
Total SQL Server experience:
Total MS Cluster experience:
Total networking exp:
Total HP Storage array exp:
Total Netapp FAS systems exp:
Total Brocade Switches exp:
Total Cisco MDS fibre channel switches exp:
Total HP systems/server/storage management software exp:
Total exchange server exp:
Total VMware ESX server exp:
Total UNIX exp:
Total Active Directory and LDAP exp:
Total iSCSI SAN, FC SAN and back up exp:
Total ASP/HTML exp:
Total java Script OR VB Script exp:
Is this on W2/C2C/1099?
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
*Thanks & Regards,*
(* 714-857-2002 **x** **810*
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at