*Immediate Need of Candidate who can join immediately ***
*I need solid and demonstrated skills with Data Warehouse modeling and
Designing (with SQL Server being the targeted database), ETL
Development/Design Experience (either Using SSIS or Informatica),
requirements gathering experience and the ability to identify project tasks
and provide project estimates.***
*Below please find full details *
Data Warehouse and ETL Data Architect**
*Location:* Cincinnati, Ohio
*Duration:* 3-6 Mth
*Job Background: *
Reporting to the Applications Manager, the Data Warehouse/ETL Architect will
serve as the lead for all Data Warehousing and ETL development. This
individual must possess a combination of data warehouse modeling and ETL
developing skills, in addition to the ability to gather business
requirements from the data owners and successfully translate these
requirements into technical specifications. The ideal candidate has a broad
knowledge of industry best practices in data warehousing architectures
(Dimensional/Multi dimensional, Star and Snowflake designs), data warehouse
tools (SQL Server DB knowledge preferred) and should be able to communicate
well with the end-user community translating their needs into high
The successful candidate will be a solid and seasoned IT Data warehouse
designer with a deep understanding of large scale reporting, including
business and technical approaches. Strong business background with
exceptional communication skills. The successful candidate will be a solid
and seasoned Data Warehouse Architect, with a deep understanding of data
warehousing from a business and technical perspective.
In addition, candidate should be able to develop and design ETL logic, which
feeds the Data Warehouse. The ETL Developer should have experience in both
creating new ETL logic via an ETL tool, learning the logic and design of
existing ETL processes, and being able to run and support them in an
automated Production environment pulling nightly data out of multiple
operational systems. The ETL Developer must also be able to architect a
proper solution which optimizes ETL processes and the DW data model for
future data reuse and scalability.
- 10+ years of professional IT experience.
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience (design, architecture, loading
dimension and fact tables), with dimensional data modeling, star schema and
data warehousing concepts at an Architect level*.*
- 3-5 years experience Designing and Developing ETL processes
- 2-4 years of experience supporting ETL jobs in a Production
Environment, including scheduling, monitoring, troubleshooting and
recovering overnight batch job
- 2-4 years SQL Server database experience
- 4+ years experience as a project leader with demonstrated project
- Outstanding SQL/RDBMS expertise
- Solid ETL architecture and warehouse development skills
- Strong business mindset with the ability to see business rationale for
analytics and work with business managers to elicit needs and requirements.
- 2-4 years experience using ETL development tools (preferably
Informatica or SSIS)
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2005
- 2-4 years Requirements gathering experience
- BS/MS in Engineering, IT or Computer Science fields.
- SQL Server 2005 database skills
- Ability to read and tune SQL statements
- Knowledge of emerging database technologies
- Experience implementing best practices and tools for the automation of
metadata management: repositories, model based code generators, business
rules externalization and integration environments and protocols.
- Interest in and enthusiasm towards database architecture and
- Solid ETL architecture and warehouse developing skills.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality and
compliance with established project standards.
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risk
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong ability to work in a dynamic team environment, and to interact
with resources from technical and non-technical areas.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize project related tasks.
- Ability to serve as a leader and mentor.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Business Objects,
- Financial and/or Insurance back ground.
- Prior experience working with financial data.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall data Warehouse technical architecture.
- Defines technical architecture, including data staging, dimensional
models, analytics, metadata and security
- Identifies appropriate project phasing for architectural components
- Defines project iterations which best meet schedule requirements
- Determining ETL Data Architecture and strategies to ensure ETL
processes and Data Warehouse data model are optimized for data reuse and
- Determine level of effort for Data Warehouse and ETL work given a set
of requirements, and determine project estimates and time lines for
implementing project into production.
- Collaborate with all IT departments and business data owners to gather
requirements to drive design.
- Design, develop and implement new warehouse database models.
- Support data analysts with query tuning and assistance to deliver
- Ensure information in data warehouses are able to support all business
requirements for business reporting across the organizational
- Define and develop data models to support departmental reporting needs.
- Design, build and test ETL functions.
- Design, Develop and implement modules for data population and
extraction, including offline ETL and online tracking.
- Build and deploy scripts and tools to automate and schedule regular
- Create and manage detailed project documentation for all data warehouse
design and ETL development.
- Develop guidelines and best practices to ensure data standardization
- Develop and implement process standard to perform data cleansing and
data auditing as necessary to ensure data quality.
- Work with the data owners to resolve any issues to maintain the
reliability of the data
- Responsible for communicating with other IT groups in collecting the
requirements and also implementing the applications
- Show due diligence in all application development by well-documenting
design, code and test scripts
- Regularly report status, issues and risks to management.
- Leads integration of data architecture with ETL, Reporting, Data
Modeling, Business Intelligence, Metadata, and Data Mining
- Establishes best practices and recommends methodologies within the data
warehouse modeling domain (Spiral Methodology)
- Provides leadership and guidance to management, Application Developers
and BI Team supporting business application.
**Establish an open relationship with customers, teammates, and other
members of the Client IT Services organization.
Document issues and their resolution in appropriate forums.
Provide accurate and timely management status and time reporting.
- BS/MS in Engineering, IT or Computer Science fields.
*Time:* 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*% of Travel:* 5%
****Kindly send the following details: ****
Will you relocate or travel.
Current Project status:
*Thanks & Regards,*
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at