This is a very high-level role for AT&T. Candidate must have
5-10 years US experience and excellent communication skills. CCIE is
ideal. Candidate must be able to address the skill items with real
knowledge. Rate to you is up to $70/hr. Please let me know if you have
SR 35134 - Open
Primary Project Location Information
Street Address: 8315 KNIGHT RD
Job Title: Network Services/Support
Resume Submittal Deadline: 10/31/2008
*Start Date: 11/10/2008 *
*End Date: 07/01/2010 *
Daily Start Time: 8:00 AM
Daily End Time: 5:00 PM
Contract to Hire: No
Number of Positions: 1
Will you conduct a phone interview? Yes
Must Wear Pager/Cell: No
Dress Code: Business Casual
(What project will the contractor be working on?)
Typically the regional resource manager assigns designers as requests come
in from the AT&T PMO office. The designers work with the project team to
follow Shell's E2E process (which is based on the Project Delivery Framework
standards). In some cases, the Incident Management group also engages
designers when problem tickets are not easily resolved and they have some
technical expertise needed.
Some members of the A&D team are also responsible for developing and
maintaining the standards (also called GST's) used by Shell to propose and
implement design solutions. In many cases, this comes as a direct result of
being involved with Service Development initiatives for Shell customers.
(What will the contractor do on that project?)
Minimum 5+ years recent experience in telecom/network design and planning
Knowledge of Shell's business and IT environments is required, and IT
service delivery experience is a strong plus.
- Specialized knowledge in telecom breadth and/or depth
- Valued internally for knowledge or expertise
- Aware of leading edge practices
- Project management skills
- Good knowledge of RFP/RFQ processes
- Cisco design skills (at least CCNP/CCDP level)
- Develop network designs from high-level architecture, to specific
end-to-end component interconnectivity and configuration.
- Conduct and participate in design reviews.
- Interprets network diagrams and documentation.
- Design authority on a broad range of datacomms technologies and protocols.
This includes Transmission, WAN, LAN, Security, and Wireless.
- Being able to design medium-to-large scalable Enterprise networks and
thorough understanding of topologies and routing- Understanding of the
services (GID - including mail, caching, Citrix -, SAP) that use Enterprise
networks and translate their requirements into detailed network design.
- Can translate high-level security policies (trust domain, DACA) into
- Able to provide clear advise to customers and project managers given the
constraints of time, resources and budget.
- Able to write a standards document with global scope.
- Understands the balance between flexibility and standardization and is
able to assess the effect on overall TCO.
- Masters new technologies fast and is able to position these in the STO
The skill areas
- Transmission (SDH, DWDM, Frame-relay, ATM) and wireless technologies
(WIFI, WIMAX, Microwave).
- Cisco product portfolio and configuration of Cisco products.
- Security components and concepts including firewalls, IDS, IPSEC, PKI.
- Convergence (VOIP, video conferencing, H.323, SIP)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, PIM, MPLS).
- Quality of Service
- Content switching
- Data centers
- Campus LAN
- Protocols (TCP, UDP, NETBIOS, NFS, SMTP, SQL, etc)
- Physical design (power, cooling, racks, cabling).
Accreditation, Certification, or Licenses:
Bachelor degree level or similar professional qualification.
Training and Special Skills:
CCNP / CCDP Minimum requirements but prefer CCIE candidates.
Certification One: CCNP
Certification Two: CCIE
Skill Experience Need
1) Transmission (SDH, DWDM, Frame-relay, and ATM) and wire Expert
2) Cisco product portfolio and configuration of Cisco Expert Required
3) Security components and concepts including firewall Expert
4) Convergence (VOIP, video conferencing, H.323, SIP) Expert
5) Routing (BGP, OSPF, PIM, and MPLS). Expert Required
6) Quality of Service Expert Required
7) Content switching Data centers Expert Required
8) Campus LAN Expert Required
9) Protocols (TCP, UDP, NETBIOS, NFS, SMTP, SQL, etc) Expert
10) Physical design (power, cooling, racks, cabling). Expert
NexGen Solutions, Inc. 20853, Farmington Rd Suite 105, Farmington Hills
MI. 48336| 248.888.9064(o) | 248.504.5466 (toll free) | 248.888.9066(f) |
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.ngsiusa.net |
Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, employee, or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this communication is
Strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
Please notify us immediately by e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at