Tier 1 req:; J2ME profile needed
*Sr. Java Platform Developer*
*North-East** Bay** Area *
*6 Mo. *
*Bill Rate: $65 per hour*
· 5 – 7 + years of experience with Java.
· *Key: Must know how to build SDK's or Platforms or API's for other
developers on the team.*
· Should have some type of WN Mobile, Palm, Symbian or Sun Java
- It's important that the candidate has experience with OS or platform
development (preferably using Java). (Platform Dev vs. Apps Dev)
- Examples of platform development include: J2ME, Palm OS, Blackberry,
iPhone, Symbian, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, Amazon Kindle (Lab 126).
· Excellent OO development skills.
· Demonstrated ownership for projects and assignments.
· Demonstrated passion for creating an outstanding user experience.
· Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative environment.
· Experience with component-oriented iterative development practices.
· Experience demonstrating best practices with attention to detail.
· Ability to work on own, with a history of good technical choices and
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· BSCS, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· C "was" a required skill for this job, but if they are strong with
Java, they will be considered.
· Experience with J2ME is highly desirable. C "was" a required skill
for this job, but if they are strong with Java, they will be considered.
· Lead or management experience is a plus - this job "Could" work into
a lead or manager role.
· Write Platform Code that other developers will work "on top" of.
· Work with Platforms, SDK's and/or API's.
- This job is to help to create the platform - not just be a user of it.
· Play a lead role and in defining and implementing the Java Platform
on handheld product(s).
· Work closely with applications team to drive and expand the platform
applications as needed to assist in the rapid application development.
· Build applications using the Java Platform.
· Work closely with QA to develop testing plans for the API features.
*CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at