*the best rate is $60 hr c2c but the person must have excellent
*Position : Senior Database Administrator*
*Location : Herndon Va*
*Duration : 6 Months*
*About the Position:
Senior Database Administrator will work closely with DBA team members,
application developers, business users, Unix Support, Data Server Management
and upper management to provide Oracle expertise for new projects and
current production support. Job responsibilities will include, but will not
be limited to:
• Build database(s), maintain database baselines, support application
requirements, testing and implementations
• Analyze and resolve, or recommend solutions to highly complex technical
problems such as performance issues, integration of object-oriented
relational database technology, data quality issues
• Provide 24 X 7 support on a periodic basis (requires carrying pager).
• Lead or participate in modeling initiatives (object, logical) and data
• Create sound database physical design models from object or logical
• Prepare status reports to accurately communicate progress; provide early
notification of problems that could effect schedules, or the integrity or
availability of data.
To be effective in this role, the Senior Database Administrator must stay
abreast of state-of-the-art technologies in database technology and data
management practices, and must be able to influence and educate project
teams on the importance of good data management practices.
* **Must-Have Skills:*
- 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience including building objects and
maintaining production environments.
- 5+ years of experience in Relational database concepts, relational
logical modeling, best practices, and physical design.
- 4+ years of experience in Object concepts, object modeling, and
translation of object model to relational design.
- 7+ years of experience in the IT industry, including full life cycle
methodology, standard office products such as Word and Excel, and some
- 3+ years of Unix operating system experience including shell scripting
and file management.
- 3+ years of using modeling tool, preferable ER/Studio
- Some java skills desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
*Nice to Have Skills:*
- Ability to work well effectively in a team
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and requirements and manage
- Excellent project management, oral and written communication,
negotiation, presentation and influencing skills
Please send the updated resume of the consultant along with the rate,
location and contact information. Please make sure the Consultant's skills
match the requirement. After reviewing the resume I will contact you if I
need more information.
Thanks & Regards ,
Magnus International Group,
226 Green Valley Road, Exton, PA - 19341
Direct: 610 616 4254 :Fax : 610 450 4658
[EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.magnusinfo.com : www.magnus-inc.com
The information contained in this e-mail transmission is confidential and
may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) stated above. If
you are not an addressee, any use, dissemination, distribution, publication,
or copying of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify us by replying to this email with the word "REMOVE" in the subject
line. We apologize for inconvenience, if any caused.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at