Reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
How are you doing today?
This is my direct-client opening for a Sr. Database administrator - Westlake
Village, CA for 6 Months contract to hire position. The Hourly rate is $100
to $115. Client is looking for local candidates due to F2F Interview after
the initial phone Interview. Client will also accept the candidates who can
attend the F2F Interview on their own expenses.
The Sr. DBA administers and maintains relational databases and assists in
the development and implementation of policies and procedures for ensuring
the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data models
and data access and table maintenance codes; assists with database
performance tuning, database capacity issues, replication, and other
distributed data issues.
*DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an
in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting
methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• With limited supervision, performs daily administration of database
systems to prevent outage and plans for optimized system resource
• Maintains integrity and reliability of data and databases through the
development of data models and standards.
• Supports standards and practices with technical and business personal as
• Assist in the development of and implements standards for database
maintenance and configuration.
• Automates routine maintenance tasks as appropriate and ensures proper
backups procedures are in place and in use.
• Work with developers to optimize schema design and SQL statement design.
• Provides data manipulation and reporting assistance to other departments
• Assignments are of a complex nature requiring technical knowledge and
experience to develop and implement solutions.
• Contributes to product development within the SDLC framework.
• Provide after-hours on-call support (monthly rotation).
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Relational Database Administration in a
• Database administration experience in an ASP model is preferred, along
with experience on mid to large-scale, distributed web architectures
utilizing ASP and/or CGI technologies.
• Experience with "state of the art" application server environments, and
enterprise integration technologies are a requirement.
• Relational database administration experience is required (At lease one of
the following: SQL Server, Oracle, Informix).
• Experience with current Internet Technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, XML,
HTTP, HTTP, DHTML, Application Servers, etc.)
• Experience with Unix/Linux, RS6000, Sun Microsystems or Intel Servers.
• Experience with C++, Java and/or other object oriented programming
languages is a plus.
*Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your
*Total IT Experience:*
*Total Database administration exp: *
*Total exp **in production support:*
*Total **ASP Module exp:*
*Total **ASP and/or CGI technologies exp:*
*Total **"state of the art" application server environments exp: *
*Total **integration technologies exp: *
*Total SQL Server OR Oracle OR Informix exp:*
*Total **Internet Technologies and protocols exp:*
*Total UNIX/Linux exp:*
*Total experience with RS6000 OR Sun Microsystems OR Intel Servers:*
*Total experience in Object oriented programming exp:*
*Whether is it C2C/1099/W2? *
*Day Phone #:*
*Evening Phone #:*
*Cell Phone #: *
*Specify your work status:*
*Thanks & Regards,*
*Ph: 714-857-2002 x 827*
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at