Our client looking for highly skilled automation tester with the following
skills. This is not a normal QA position.
Candidate have to be local for F2F interview. *Please send resumes to
looking for Web based centric individual, web based regression testing
- Looking for someone with strong Oracle/MySQL/VB.Net experience, currently
MySQL with VB front end
- considering moving to WATIR using RUBY language, this would be a STRONG
- They use 100% customized QTP coding, descriptive coding in VB script
- QC environment, but they do not integrate QTP with QC – however, QC
customization and workflow would be a plus
- Currently a web based testing environment, but will expand to mainframe
- CSTE, nice to have, not critical
- LOOKING FOR A PROGRAMMING BACKGROUND (Java is the first preference -
possibly RUBY; VB Programming background would work as well)
-There will be a high learning curve – candidates should expect this
Defines, develops, maintains, and executes the automation of test
scriptsfor IT projects and/or maintenance items. Strives to ensure
requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users.
Ensures project testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior
to implementation. Manages defects from identification to closure through
the Software Life Cycle.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Defines, develops and maintains automated test scripts. Reviews automated
test scripts and provides feedback to less experienced team players.
• Independently executes automated test plans and test scripts based on
planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
• Proactively escalates issues to the QA Lead and alerts the project team on
potential impact to test schedule.
• Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests
scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest
cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect
status, root cause, daily triage meeting.
• Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate
metrics to facilitate QA reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard
information, open issues, risk analysis.
• Participates on Testing Production Support though rotating on-call
responsibilities. Provides consistent and uninterrupted testing service to
the organization and minimizes risk of systems down time.
• Reviews requirements and specifications and provides input during
requirements and specification walkthroughs.
• Develops and executes SQL queries.
• Contributes to the development of the automated test plans and project
testing approach. Contributes to the development of project and release Test
Plan documents. Understands and contributes to the process of test estimates
and project schedules.
• Participates in automation test planning, test case design and test
scriptwalkthroughs with QA Leads. Understands automated testing to be
and suggests changes for efficiencies within or between projects. Actively
participates and contributes to the QA Automation Test Design.
• Assists in the preparation of automation test estimates and project
• Adheres to established automation standards and methodologies. Utilizes
automation tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and
to increase efficiencies in the QA process.
• Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with peers and other project
• Assists with the evaluation of Software Test and Automation tools and
contributes to the Test Tool Evaluation report.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detailed
• Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time
• Good work ethic and general business acumen.
• Knowledge of system development lifecycle. Knowledge of automation test
• Working knowledge of automation testing concepts, verification and
validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk
management and measurement programs.
• Understanding of relational database principles, client/server
infrastructure, and n-tier architecture concepts.
• Working knowledge of defect tracking, quality principles and testing
• Knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, Web and Middle tier testing.
• 1+ years of experience with WinRunner/QTP.
• 1+ years of application development experience, preferable with Net, ASP,
Java, C, C++, PL/SQL or Visual Basic.
• 1+ years of source code control experience.
• Ability to work on most phases of fairly complex application assignments
understanding project lifecycles.
• 2 to 4 years experience in developing and implementing business
applications or in Quality Assurance.
• Competency in a variety of software tools and languages.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience and
Thanks & Regards
Mavin Systems, Inc
Ph: 484 636 6268
Note: We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail. Under
Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this mail cannot be
considered Spam as long as we include Contact information and a method to be
removed from our mailing list. If you are not interested in receiving our
e-mails then please reply with a remove in the subject line and mention all
the e-mail addresses to be removed with any e-mail addresses which might be
diverting the e-mails to you. We regret any inconvenience caused to you and
sincerely appreciate your continued patience and co-operation.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at