Pl send me the suitable pr
PROJECT MANAGER (12 MONTHS+)
The Downstream GI-NG (Group Infrastructure- Next Generation) Program entails
the deployment of Microsoft Vista and Windows 2007 to about 80,000 users in
over 50 countries.
There is a need for experienced Project Managers to deliver vital aspects
within the Downstream GI-NG Program. The Program is organized into the
following workstreams: Engineering, Applications, Deployment and Change
Management—Support Readiness currently resides within the Change area. Much
investigative and preparatory work has already been completed, but there is
an increasing need for an experienced Project Manager to drive the
implementation of Support Readiness from now through to the end of the
Program in 2010.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Project manage the preparation and delivery of end-to-end support for the
duration of the Downstream GI-NG Program.
· Manage the existing Support Readiness team members who are currently
preparing support readiness approaches, plans, and materials (who will
complete their assignments by Feb/ Mar '09)
· Prepare, monitor and control detailed plans that will deliver the required
level of support whilst minimizing disruption to the business.
· Produce and maintain risk and issue logs as necessary.
· Ensure that all existing groups are prepared to support the deployment of
GI-NG and that wherever possible existing reporting lines and processes are
· Work with and through the Integrated Support Model (which is currently
· Clearly define and monitor scope, roles and responsibilities, and
deliverables for Program (GI-NG Support Readiness team) and Support staff.
· Build and maintain relationships with members of the Support organizations
at all levels and with the other workstreams within Downstream and the wider
Program as necessary.
· Proactively solve problems and address issues as required.
· Work with the existing Support Readiness Team within the Change Team in
order to build on their experience and advice.
Domestic Travel Required: 5% International Travel Required: 5%
Technical Skills and Experience:
· Over 10 years Project Management experience at a senior level to include
the delivery of high profile projects with an international component
· Good knowledge of the work of Support organizations and ideally
application support, working in a complex environment in large
· Prince 2 practitioner or similar
· Good understanding of IT technical matters
Soft Skills and Experience:
· Change Management skills
· Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
· Good communicator
· The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines whilst maintaining
flexibility of approach
· Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
Optional skills (Technical and soft skills…)
· Virtual work experience
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at