*Sr. Oracle DBA *
*Location: Penn Plaza, NY*
*Duration: 6+ Months*
*Required Skills: *
- 07-09 Yrs of Overall experience as DBA.
- Experience with Oracle9i/10g (including Data Guard, RAC, and BI),
- Experience with *Data Replication/DATA Transformation, Database
Backup/Recovery, Solaris, Linux, Windows.*
- Familiarity with the *Erwin or ER/Studio data-modeling* tool is a *PLUS
- Experience with Client/Server or Internet development environment
comprising of *JSP, Java and Oracle10g AS* is *HUGE PLUS.*
- Ability to administer the followings required: *Oracle and Oracle OAS
10g, Oracle ID management, Oracle Discoverer, and MySQL* experience a *
*Position Description: *
- The DBA supports the systems development process by providing logical
database design services, managing the transformation of the logical design
to the physical database, and participating in major application design
reviews. The Senior Database Administrator consults with developers on the
design of applications having complex database considerations, designs
custom database objects as required, and recommends data access solutions
that best fit the needs of the application. The Senior Database
Administrator works in conjunction with the developer and other Systems
DBA(s) to resolve database problems during application testing and
- *Database Development* * The Senior Database Administrator will use his
expertise in Database Procedural Languages (Oracle PL/SQL) to develop Stored
Procedures, Packages, Functions and Triggers as required to encapsulate and
localize/centralize business rules and process logic in the database for
more efficient code execution.
- *Database Standards Creation and Enforcement* - The Senior Database
Administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining the corporate data
dictionary. The Administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining
Entity Relationship Diagrams as well as utilizing in-line, entity-level and
column-level commenting. The Administrator is responsible for defining and
enforcing naming standards and data type standards across the Enterprise.
- *Production Support* - Participates in the resolution of production
problems that involve database issues. Oversees the migration of database
components between the test and production environments. Ensures the
continued cost effective performance of the database management system and
related applications. Provides ongoing support to other Operations and
Support components as needed.
- *Database System Support* - Monitors database system performance in
both Development and Production environments. Researches and implements
enhancements to improve system performance. Maintains system tables
providing access to database system components. Works with other Technical
Services staff for database software installation and maintenance.
- *Environment Development* - Participates in defining, implementing, and
enhancing an application development and operating environment that fosters
productivity and application quality. Develops, documents, and monitors
compliance with guidelines and standards for the use of database technology.
Conducts programming walk-through sessions to ensure compliance with
- *Data Access Support* - Works with the users to evaluate requirements
to access data across various computing platforms. Installs and supports
various tools used to establish communication and data access between the
- *Architecture Support* * Provides input to the IT Planning and
Enterprise Architecture Manager in analyzing, designing and *architecting*
solutions to meet internal and external process requirements from a database
and application integration perspective. This will include detailed process
flow diagrams, specifications and data mapping documentation in support of
- *Planning and Administration* - Provides input to the IT Planning and
Enterprise Architecture Manager in setting department goals and budgets as
requested. Participates and is accountable for the development of project
plans and the administration of these projects. Provides status reports.
Attends required meetings.
- *Training *- Develops Database training documentation consisting of
logical/physical database design concepts, Structured Query Language (SQL)
and database optimization techniques. Provides on-going Database instruction
to the Applications Development staff, as required.
- *Database Environment -* Requires in-depth Oracle9i/10g database
management system experience with advanced options, including Data Guard,
RAC, and BI. Extensive Stored Procedure, Package and Trigger experience is
required. Requires Logical and Physical Data Model and Design experience.
Familiarity with the Erwin or ER/Studio data-modeling tool is a plus.
Experience with Client/Server or Internet development environment comprising
of JSP, Java and Oracle10g AS is optimal. Ability to administer the
followings required: Oracle and Oracle OAS 10g, Oracle ID management, Oracle
Discoverer, and MySQL experience a plus.
- *Database Replication/Data Transformation* - Responsible for the
analysis and architecture associated with data replication between multiple
SQL Server or Oracle database servers. Experience with developing,
configuration and implementation of Data Transformation Service (DTS)
packages between database servers and environments.
- *Operating System Environment* - Requires knowledge of Sun Solaris ,
Linux and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server from an operating system, networking
and administration perspective.
- *Database Backup/Recovery* - Develops, implements and maintains
stringent backup/recovery processes for the development and production
database environments. Works closely with customers and Applications
Development Staff to ensure proper database recovery and backup strategies
are developed, implemented and tested. Continually monitors and improves
backup/recovery mechanisms as needed.
- *Project Management/Leadership* - Responsible for the development of
Project Time and Cost estimates. Responsible for the management of computer
resources to ensure successful implementation and development of database
and data integration applications. Responsible for the on going monitoring
of Projects to ensure project timelines are met and costs are maintained
according to the estimate deliver
*Thanks & Regards,*
Fazal Mahmood I Technical Recruiter
(: 201-706-9178 I Alt: 201-484-0340
*: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IMJ : fazal_kolansoft
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at