Title: Oracle DBA
Contract duration: 3 months (contract to hire)
Location: Phoenix, AZ
5 YEARS OF US EXPERIENCE IS MUST
Job Description: Develop standards and practices for database installs,
administration, backup & recovery, features and functionality of an Oracle
10g RAC based environment. Perform setup, configuration, management and
support of various open systems based database platforms across multiple
locations. Provides training and support to customers/users. Supports
Delivery and Operational organizations. Acts as a technical lead and mentor
to the Open Systems Database group.
•Requires extensive Oracle experience.
•Highly experienced in large scale Oracle RAC environments (prefer 10g)
•Highly experienced with large scale virtualization in a Solaris
•Demonstrated competency with Oracle ASM
•Demonstrated competency with Oracle RMAN, preferably with Veritas Netbackup
•Sun Operating System experience is required. Solaris 10 highly desirable.
•Red Hat Linux experience is highly desirable.
•Effective problem solving skills and the ability to work independently as
well as with a team are essential.
•Effective leadership and mentoring skills.
•Ability to work independently as well as with a team is necessary.
•Ability to manage multiple priorities
•Effective written and oral communication and leadership skills are needed.
•Setup, configure and manage deployment of Oracle 10g RAC implementations.
•Provide technical leadership to the team.
•Lead and manage technical evaluation projects.
•Provide leadership in defining technology best practices.
•Perform database installation, setup and configuration.
•Monitor and manage all aspects of database performance and availability.
•Perform capacity planning and monitoring.
•Provide training and support to users as appropriate.
•Participate in project activities and planning as necessary.
•Develop and maintain database administration tools and scripts for
automating or simplifying database administration tasks.
•Evaluate and recommend technology products and services.
•Establish and maintain contact with vendors for maintenance and service.
•Participate in the creation of best practices.
•Create and maintain technical standards, policies and documentation.
•Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
•5 – 10 years experience in an Open Systems environment, preferably Solaris
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of the functions, features and benefits of installed
database management platforms and associated structures
• Extensive knowledge of database design methods and techniques
• Extensive knowledge of database security methods and procedures
• Extensive knowledge of applications development and support
• Extensive knowledge and skill in performance tuning
• Extensive knowledge of techniques to define logical relationships among
data, processes, or events
• Considerable knowledge and expertise on strategic database platforms,
structures, and migration considerations
• Considerable knowledge of emerging technologies
• Considerable knowledge of company products, services, and strategies
• Skill in the identification of performance problems and implementation of
solutions to correct performance problems
• Skill in conducting tests to newly installed/upgraded software
• Skill in effectively communicating orally and in writing
• Skill in researching client needs, regulations, technologies, and data
• Skill in isolating and resolving complex problems and utilizing
appropriate diagnostic tools
• Works effectively with counterparts in the client organization
• Ability to estimate, plan, manage, and communicate activities/deliverables
of a mid-size project plan (i.e., a plan that affects a single system or
product family and uses multiple resources)
• Ability to analyze information and formulate conclusions and
• Ability to plan and execute a software platform change with minimal
disruption in service to clients
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
employees, clients and public
Thanks and Regards
Phone No : 330-474-0573
Fax No : 330-266-7336
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web : www.vayuvision.com
Yahoo : Ramesh_vayuinc
Connect with me http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshkumarpc
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at