Please send me suitable profiles along with the Rate confirmation only to
Sr Teradata DBA
Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Production DBA
MANAGER IS LOOKING FOR A SR. LEVEL TERADATA DBA
· Database Administration is responsible for logical and physical
database design; maintaining physical databases on specific database
technologies in the production and other environments; implementing production
· What is expected of you for success in your role
· Identifies database issues following implementation (e.g. tuning,
back-up, recovery, security) and implements solutions for high-risk
· Provides proactive monitoring and independent follow-up on issues for
· Participates in creation of new support processes/procedures
· Designs logical and physical data model
· What is expected of you and others at this level in IT - Center of
Expertise for functional success
· Uses deep subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process
skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet
their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity
· Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural
sensitivities with other accountable parties.
· Encourages informed Risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation
at Cardinal Health; generates practical, sustainable and creative options to
solve problems and create business opportunities, while maximizing existing
· Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized
area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices;
· Performs assessments and listens to internal/external customers to
understand and anticipate their needs and determine their priorities in the
context of the overall enterprise.
Accountabilities in this role
· The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge and experience on
Teradata technology architecture and database design, with a minimum of 5+
years experience as a Production DBA.
· Must possess strong communication and analytical skills, be a team
lead, be able to mentor team.
· Experience on production database systems, risks mitigation.
· Expertise in performance monitoring, Instance tuning, SQL tuning.
· Experience in backups. Expertise in dimensional data modeling and
· Knowledge on Teradata Support processes for technical requests with
· THIS IS A 24 X 7 OPERATION; CANDIDATE MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO BE ON-CALL
ON WEEKENDS AND NIGHTS ON A ROTATING BASIS WITH OTHER TEAM MEMBERS.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
· 5 to 8 years experience in a high transaction volume data processing
· 5 to 8 years experience in Teradata database environments.
· Experience in analysis, design and implementation of database
applications in a business environment.
· Experience with Teradata tool sets.
· Experience with Teradata backup & recovery strategies.
· Substantial prior experience developing/tuning applications.
· Substantial prior experience dimensional data modeling.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Independent problem solving ability.
· Strong interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
Data Group Inc
Email id: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Certified Minority Women Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) & Small Business
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at