Please send me suitable candidates only. Resumes without contact numbers
WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED. Thanking you in advance.
Please send resumes to* ni...@abstargroup.com*
*Communication skills - above average *
Senior Enterprise Storage Engineer on the Storage Management and Database
Planning and Design team is responsible for the "Engineer, Design, Build"
phase of IT infrastructure service delivery; taking requirements, designing,
and packaging solutions for deployment to operational support teams. The
Storage Engineer will provide the expertise to design, build, and support
the operation of enterprise class storage and backup solutions. Knowledge
and leadership in emerging storage technologies is expected. Solutions
include integration with both generic and specialized applications including
*Knowledge and Skill Requirements:*
- 5+ years of experience with storage systems; providing 3rd and 4th
level storage systems support to database, storage and/or tape backup
- 3+ years experience engineering solutions and instrumentation for EMC
and/or Hitachi Storage Area Networks (SAN), NetApps Network Attached Storage
(NAS), and Veritas Netbackup Tape Backup/Restore technology for mission
critical, enterprise applications and databases.
- 3+ years combined experience as a senior engineer, project manager,
team lead, or manager, to include training other team members, coaching, and
- Demonstrated administration experience with UNIX (Solaris and HP/UX
preferred) and Windows servers, including partnering with system
administration, database administrators, operations & production support,
and applications teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading small- to medium-sized technology
(preferably storage or backup-related) projects in support of business
- Demonstrated experience integrating enterprise architectures into
viable, usable, and supported solutions then deployed into the operational
environments including application and database servers
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills,
collaboration and presentation skills, and project management skills
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business
relationships with internal associates, external customers, and vendors.
- Provides advanced technical expertise to project team members.
- Coordinate, plan, and manage both short term and long term projects and
work in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Diagnose and analyze system related issues and recommend and implement
- Lead technical teams and/or complex projects.
- Share knowledge of the appropriate operating systems and system
- Implement knowledge of system programming languages and scripts.
- General knowledge of networking applications.
- Thorough knowledge of software installation methods and techniques.
- Acquires and effectively demonstrates any additional knowledge and
skill requirements as requested.
- Meets with vendors to resolve system hardware and software issues and
to evaluate new products.
- Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company
guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
- Provides leadership by:
o Defining project scope and direction
o Assigning tasks
o Helping team members with technical issues
o Monitoring progress
o Providing status and management reports
o Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Practical knowledge of database administration preferred, specifically
MSSQL, Oracle, and/or Sybase RDBMS.
- Knowledge of the financial industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in CIS, MIS, or a related field highly preferred.
*AB Star Group*
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 305
Newark, CA 94560
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at