VERITAS Cluster Server
file system installation Oracle RAC
Tivoli
SAN
NAS

Project will consist of:
60% SAN
30% NAS, Tivoli
10% Oracle RAC, VERITAS Cluster, MS Cluster, SQL Server DB

job description:

Infrastructure Services provides services to internal business clients to
support and enable strategic initiatives. One of those Services is called
Business Hosting. Within Business Hosting there are several Server
Deployment processes. Server Deployment is the process by which all
development, test and production servers are procured, installed and
configured to meet our IT client needs. This Sourcing opportunity will focus
on the configuration portion of our Unix and Windows Server Deployment
processes.

Approximately 400 servers a month (both Windows and UNIX) will need to be
built by a dedicated team and these resources will add to that dedicated
team. These processes generate workflow tasks through our Service Catalog
product with each request generating approximately 6 – 12 tasks. Only
configuration tasks will be considered for this sourcing opportunity. Most
of these configuration tasks can be executed by resources with intermediate
system administration experience. The request itself in addition to an
embedded link to our configuration management database will serve as input
to the work that needs to be completed for these tasks. Marking these tasks
complete will server as output. All tasks have some amount of instruction
available although improvements may be quickly recognized during training
and/or sourcing engagement.

All Windows Server Deployment requests involve the creation of a build
script through an in house utility, local drive configuration, various
software installations and server validation and acceptance processing.

All Unix Server Deployment requests involve the Solaris server build using a
jumpstart facility, VERITAS volume manager and file system installation and
configuration, various software installation and server validation and
acceptance processing.

Approximately 10% of our Windows deployment requests involve the
installation and configuration of Microsoft Cluster Server and approximately
10% of our Unix deployment requests involve the installation and
configuration of VERITAS Cluster Server.

Approximately 95% of deployment requests involved the installation and
configuration of Netbackup with approximately 90% requiring client
installation and the other 10% requiring media server installation.
Installation requires the selection of proper backup policies, testing for
proper backup functionality and activation of production backup jobs.

Approximately 10% of our windows deployment requests involve the
installation and configuration of SQL server database. Approximately 10% of
our Unix deployment requests involve the installation and configuration of
Oracle database or Oracle RAC.

Approximately 2% of our windows deployment requests involve the installation
and configuration of SMS, pushing client scripts and activation through our
automatic distribution system.

All of our Unix Server Deployment requests and 15% of our Windows Server
Deployment requests involve the creation and configuration of a scheduling
station through our Tivoli Workload infrastructure.

Approximately 60% of our Unix Server Deployment requests and 10% of our
Windows Server Deployment requests involve the provisioning of SAN attached
storage. This activity requires the activation of zones and enterprise disk
subsystem LUN masking.
Approximately 30% of our Unix Server Deployment requests and 10% of our
Windows Server Deployment requests involve the creation and/or access to NAS
file shares.

Best Regards,
Raj
Centerpiece Technologies, Inc