Hi Friends,
Greetings,

Please send me suitable profiles along with the Rate confirmation only to
b...@datagroupinc.net

Position: Sun Solaris UNIX Admin
Location: Jersey City, NJ

Duration: 7+ months

Rate: $Best Rate/hr

Openings: 3

F2F is required. Must Be Local to NJ required

System Administrator UNIX
Seeking a System Administrator to join the UNIX sever team in the
Infrastructure Service Delivery group in Investment Management Americas. System
Administrators perform production support and execute on project tasks for our
Sun Solaris environment supporting the application infrastructure for our line
of business. SAs will be called upon to participate in project and
troubleshooting activities involving Solaris, Sybase, Oracle, UDB/DB2,
Websphere, MQ and various vendor and internally developed applications.

Responsibilities:

  a.. Install, support and maintain a Solaris based Server network
  b.. Actively engage in troubleshooting efforts for OS, network, storage,
and/or applications
  c.. Participate and provide support for AD project activities
  d.. Security configuration, auditing and patching
  e.. Performance reporting and tuning
  f.. Capacity planning and reporting
  g.. Adherence to firm incident, change and problem management processes
  h.. 24x7 on-call rotation duties
  i.. Creating and maintaining support documentation
  j.. Scripting and automation of routine support activities
  k.. Using monitoring tools to improve systems usage and performance
Qualifications/Skills:

  a.. Sun Solaris 8, 9 10
  b.. Sun Containers & LDOMs
  c.. Proficiency in HA solutions and Clustering Packages (e.g. VCS and Sun
Cluster)
  d.. Proficiency in one or more BC/DR products (SRDF and Application based
Replication techniques)
  e.. Veritas Foundation Suite
  f.. Flexible access control techniques and tools such as Sudo
  g.. Storage Management: Locally Attached, SAN and NAS
  h.. Veritas Netbackup
  i.. Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols and services (DNS, LDAP, HTTP,
Ipfilters etc)
  j.. Ability to operate effectively with team members in different
geographical location
Pluses:

  a.. Volume Managers other than VCS
  b.. Kerberos based authentication packages
  c.. OpsWare
  d.. Quest Foglight
  e.. Linux
  f.. Tideway
Deliverables/ Milestones

  a.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the PSP application into
Dev, UAT, and Prod
  b.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the Power Image
Application into Dev, UAT, and Prod
  c.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the Sales Funnel
Application into Dev, UAT, and Prod
  d.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the E-Tools Application
into Dev, UAT, and Prod
  e.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the Java Batch
Applications into Dev, UAT, and Prod
  f.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the DXR Client Application
into Dev, UAT, and Prod
  g.. Build Unix environment to support migration of the ROL Application into
Dev, UAT, and Prod
Regards,

Brad Young
Data Group Inc