Here is a hot requirement for *< GIS Technician - Richmond, VA - 6 Months >.
*Please let us know if you have any suitable consultants available for the
earliest client submission.
*Position:* GIS Technician
*Location:* Richmond, VA
*Duration:* 6 Months
- Development of GIS data quality plan for centerline data in conjunction
with RNS project.
- Development of methods for obtaining new centerline data for VDOT
projects through CADD files (Microstation) and other means.
- Assisting RNS project team with quality assurance of VGIN delivered
- Develop and give training to Centerline Editors for CADD conversion,
heads-up digitizing, centerline QA and other aspects of the process.
- QA/QC centerline editor's work through automated and manual means.
- Work with Developers to create scripts and programs that will automate
the editing, QA and QC processes.
*Coordinating with VGIN on:*
- Master Road centerline delivery to VDOT.
- VDOT Project centerline delivery to VGIN.
- Development and maintenance of business processes and data QA/QC
processes for receiving and providing road centerlines between the agencies.
*Coordinating with the RNS team on:*
- Development of Road Centerline Quality Management Plan for RNS.
- Development and performance of QA/QC processes.
- Development of training materials for VDOT Roadway Centerline editor's.
- Training Roadway Centerline editors both in Richmond and Northern
Virginia VDOT offices.
- Development and delivery of related transportation products to the VDOT
Enterprise GIS Program.
*Coordinating with other VDOT Divisions on:*
- Development of business and technical processes and quality standards
for creation of VDOT Project road centerlines to be shared with VGIN.
- Communicating the status of the centerline to VDOT.
- Report status to Enterprise GIS Program Manager, RNS Project Manager
- Develop presentations, reports and executive briefings concerning
- Use project management methods and tools to manage the centerline
Staffing - Manager
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at