Looking a Lab Administrator – Foster City, CA - This is a contract to hire
reply to ve...@beyondtekit.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*:*
- Lead a small team in all facets of the administration and maintenance
of the Engineering Server Room including the maintenance of the "engineering
production" and the quality engineering lab environments.
- Develop process and policies surrounding the use and administration of
the environment with the goal of meeting organizational goals while
preserving administration needs.
- Responsible for design, implementation, maintenance of, and migration
in to the proposed development active directory resource domain.
- Enhancement and maintenance of the VMware Lab Manager and Virtual
- Liaison with both corporate IT and customer engineering organizations
to provide for the needs of the quality engineering organization.
- Communicate needs and issues to customers, peers and managers while
meeting organizational goals
- Occasional assistance for developers experiencing systems issues.
- Occasional off-hours work will be required
*II. Skills/Qualifications:* a. Professional Competencies:
- Analytical Skills: Collects and researches data, uses intuition and
experience to complement data.
- Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity, meets commitments,
responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance, takes
responsibility for own actions, commits to doing the best job possible and
- Initiative: Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Job Knowledge: Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps
abreast of current developments.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and
analyzes information skillfully and resolves problems in early stages.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to
excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, monitors own work
to ensure quality.
b. Technical/Functional Requirements:
- Experienced windows system administrator with in-depth operating
systems knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience on mid to
enterprise level equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Ghost or other system imaging suite, including
deployment of system images to various hardware and virtual machine
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) planning, configuration and
maintenance required (prefer experience with HP EVA and Brocade Director
- Experience with VMWare product line including ESX Servers, Virtual
Center, Lab Manager, VMotion, Consolidated Backup and Converter required.
- Experience with planning, configuration, maintenance and support of
Windows Active Directory domains required
- Experience with managed Cisco switches including use of IOS required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network configuration and management including
VLANs and Layer 3 ACL management (logical firewalls) within a development
- Strong scripting skills required
- Experience with a backup solution required, Tivoli Storage Manager
experience a strong plus.
- Basic UNIX systems administration skills a plus
- SQL knowledge and database administration skills a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Asset Tracking software .
- Excellent documentation and communication skills needed
- Ability to mentor and lead junior team members
- Ability and willingness to define and establish processes for the good
of the organization while being sensitive to engineering needs
- Capable of managing own work while balancing between multiple projects
while working in a deadline driven environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple
tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of environmental needs within FDA class 2 medical device
development and testing procedures a very strong plus
- 5-7 years as a server room administrator.
*Education: *· Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science or equivalent experience in programming computer applications,
Masters degree preferred
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated
Total IT Experience:
Total Experience as Lab Administrator:
Total Windows System Administration exp:
Total Ghost or other system imaging suite exp:
Total Storage Area Network (SAN) planning, configuration and maintenance
Total VMWare product line including ESX Servers, Virtual Center, Lab
Manager, VMotion, Consolidated Backup and Converter exp:
Total Windows Active Directory exp:
Total Cisco switches exp:
Total TCP/IP and network configuration and management exp:
Total Tivoli Storage Manager exp:
Total UNIX systems administration exp:
Total SQL exp:
Total database administration exp:
Total Asset Tracking software exp:
Total team lead exp:
Total FDA class 2 medical device development environment exp:
Is this on W2/C2C Rate (corporation Name)?
Expected salary after the contract:
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Thanks & Regards,
Ph: 714-857-2002 X 821
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at