Please find the requirement below and answer ASAP with updated resume and
contact details to *ku...@osairtech.com* ...Thanks a lot...
Resumes with the following information will be given preference.
Work Authorization in US:
Rate on C2C:
Please ensure all candidates have all skills listed under "Required Skills"
in their resume.
Location: downtown Chicago,
50/50 Oracle - SQL exp. DBA role will be doing security changes on many
Oracle / SQL Servers. Please have the candidate's list security and patching
experience for both Oracle and SQL Server.
Resume must clearly articulate the size of the environments - both # of
databases supported as well as size, SQL Servers instances and how many
Oracle instances for the past 2 years. *If they have not been responsible
for 50 or more databases at one time, do not submit them.* They will be
solely responsible for 50+ db's in this position and if they haven't worked
with that many in the past, they will not be able to keep up here. Resume
must clearly articulate substantial SQL Server work as well as Oracle work.
Stating SQL Server as a 'skill' is NOT sufficient. Work with both SQL Server
and Oracle must be current - i.e. within the last 2 years.
* Candidates will need to be living in the Chicago area for the duration of
the project. Local candidates HIGHLY preferred!*
Oracle/SQL Server DBA. This isn't for a specific project. It is production
support work for existing databases and applications. So we need someone who
has experience doing base support, as opposed to project work. Day to day
phone calls and email requests, enhancements and table changes, production
to test refreshes, things that are broken and need to be fixed, enhancing
existing UNIX monitoring scripts, etc.
• SQL Server DBA skills - installing SQL server, backup and recovery,
performance and tuning.
• Oracle DBA skills - Oracle 9 required, 10g nice to have.
• Support for oracle on Unix / Intel (AIX, HP, Windows).
• Unix korn shell scripting for monitoring oracle.
• Oracle backup and recovery using RMAN.
• Oracle performance and tuning.
• Oracle installs and upgrades - patching.
• Oracle proactive monitoring.
• Oracle database design.
• Oracle utilities like export / import for complicated database refreshes.
• Perl skills - familiarity with perl - we are using it to monitor SQL
Must be a clear communicator - we do tons of conference calls with clients -
must be easy to understand. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and
clients at once - I can't stress this enough. We have replaced 3 people
because they said they could do this and they couldn't. Must be a self
starter who takes initiative. Be able to do 24x7 support. Must be able to
troubleshoot system problems and work quickly to resolve system outages the
problem. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work within a large and
diverse team in many different cities. Must be able to communicate
effectively with different teams and provide courteous customer service.
Must be able to achieve results with little supervision. Must be willing to
persevere until problems are resolved and seek help from team members when
appropriate - 'can do' attitude. Must comply with company policies on change
Optional but nice to have:
• DB2/UDB DBA
• Teradata DBA
• Veritas NetBackup experience
• HP Openview experience
• HP Perf View and/or Glance
• Linux experience
- 3+ years experience as SQL Server and Oracle DBA.
- 2+ years of Microsoft analysis services and Microsoft reporting services.
- 2+ years Oracle DBA, SQL Server DBA, Unix shell scripting (AIX and HP),
Intel Experience, Oracle Backup and Recovery using RMAN, Oracle Performance
OSAIR Technologies LLC
301 N HARRISON STREET SUITE # 386
Princeton,NJ | 08540-3512
Voice : 630-206-9379*
*"We want to be your Trusted, Preferred & long Term Partner"*
*Note: If you are not interested in receiving our e-mails then please reply
* with a "remove" in the subject line and mention all the e-mail addresses
to be removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting the
e-mails to you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at