We are looking for:
APPLICATION DBA (DB2)
Start Date: Feb 1st week
Duration: 3 months (CTH), looking for EAD, GC, Citizens only
Location: Chevy Chase, MD Non-local candidates are ok, but there will be an
The EDW environment is a multi-terabyte DB2 on AIX installation. We use DB2
version 9.5 with partitioning. Experience in DB2 database administration,
UNIX, and enterprise warehousing is required. Proficiency in Erwin is
useful. This DBA position is distinct from a system DBA - a focus on
development is required We need a candidate who is well versed in DB2 UDB
EEE. We are working on AIX with version 5.2; we use the data partitioning
feature, MQTs, MDCs, compression, federation and more. The application DBA
we are looking for will be knowledgeable about the features just mentioned,
plus SQL tuning and data movement. Some UNIX scripting and ERwin experience
- Works with the EDW team in refining the conceptual system design into
optimal physical database design.
- Database performance tuning through database physical design,
configurations and implementations of data aggregations, MQTs, MDCs,
partitioning, indexing and related settings. Responsible for query
performance optimization, tuning implementations, and production support.
- Provides database-related technical expertise.
- Works with the development team and the user community to optimize SQL
- Populates development and test databases with sample data.
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts through performance
- Maintains EDW database security in the development and test
- Provide disk capacity estimates and database physical design
information for EDW projects.
- Executes some queries on behalf of the development team and the
- Monitor EDW resources including CPU usage and space utilization in the
development and test environments.
- Provides supports for disaster recovery processes and procedures.
Note: Looking for a team-player with about 5+ years of experience,
communication skills are very important DB2 certification is a plus, should
be able to write SQL from scratch and should also have experience with large
and complex and also partitioned environments.
*If you are interested in applying then send your resume with following
*(resume without details will not be considered):*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at