*We have an urgent Req for BI Architect. Kindly reply if you are interested
and available for the project:*
*Location:* Simi Valley, CA
*Duration:* 6+ Months
*Minimum 10 years of experience*
The candidate will be working on laying down the BI Strategy and Roadmap.
The candidate will also be responsible for all the Solution Architecture
artifacts of major BI initiatives. In addition he/she will be working with
the infrastructure group for capacity planning, working with the development
group for performance planning and testing, evaluating upgrades to software,
aligning requests for changes with the Roadmap, etc.
The BI Environment is on DB2 UDB, Informatica for ETL, and Business Objects
for analytical reporting. Hardware platform is IBM P6 on AIX.
*Location will be LA. Duration will be 6 - 12 months.*
- Responsible for the development of testing and implementation processes
for complex systems; assists technical management in the development of
detailed project plans, proposals and justification. Responsible for
technical review of junior technical staff to ensure that system
requirements and installation objectives are consistently being met.
- Depending on the assigned role, either applies leading edge technical
methodologies and tools to develop functional requirements, or applies
business sector functional knowledge to help customers solve problems
related to business process design. Participates in researching areas of the
company operations where problems in methods, practices and
- Procedures exist, in order to recommend and develop more efficient
solutions with the application of current technology.
- Oversee and performs broad, strategic and critical assignments in the
- Performs the most complex analyses and projects related to IT
- Is accountable for program management and administration extending
beyond the knowledge of guidelines, precedents, and technical principles.
- Serves as an expert in the evaluation of uniquely difficult situations
- Coordinates various technical activities.
- Participates in the development of processes, procedures, systems, and
- Monitors full technical responsibility for unusually complex projects
- Responsible for assignments of broad, vague, and general objectives and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Additional duties in one of the following technical areas:*
*Technical Development Role:*
- Applies leading edge methodologies, tools, and techniques to help
functional users or technical employees develop and document application
system specifications. As well as the planning of acceptance testing and
application implementation activities.
- Applies advanced system development methodology, complex relational
database skills, upper CASE tool, interviewing techniques, and user
- Develops technical requirement definitions from functional
specifications for the analysis of a business area, leading to the
implementation of multiple business system design projects. Develops and
presents recommendations for follow-on business.
- Demonstrates multiple methodology expertise, Business Area
Analysis/Business System Design, information engineering focus expertise,
upper CASE analysis and design tools, advanced technology development
expertise, and formal facilitation (Joint Application Review/Joint
Application Design).Business Architecture
- Applies business sector functional knowledge to help customers solve
problems related to business process design, strategic planning, and
organizational construct. Focuses on business strategy and results using
leading edge management tools and technical expertise.
- Responsible for planning and control, in-depth business sector
knowledge, strategic business planning, and organizational behavior.
- The Data Architect needs to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and
to see how a logical design will translate into one or more physical
Databases, and how the Data will flow through the successive Stages
- The Data Architect will need to be able to address issues of Data
Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping), and will need to understand
the importance of Data Dictionaries.
- The right candidate will work with the senior members of the
information management team to drive critical data storage and BI
architectural decisions, codify those decisions in detailed technical design
documents and, ultimately, scalable physical data systems and BI
* Job Function:*
- Responsible for the development of enterprise data models at the
conceptual and logical levels. Identify and promote best practices and
patterns for data modeling. Provide oversight for all activities related to
data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using standard data
modeling methodologies and processes.
- Translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Model staging, storage and presentation layers of the DW/BI
- Review all current operational data structures and recommend
optimizations and reconfigurations as warranted.
- Develop and maintain all standards pursuant to data structures and
- Develop the system's Conceptual Data Model and derive the Logical and
Physical Data Models.
- Compile data from disparate data sources and from external resources
for reporting purposes.
- Provide full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality
- Serve as the data technical strategy expert and will lead the creation
of all technical requirements and design deliverables.
*Skills & Abilities:*
1. Data Profiling, Data Cleansing and Data Quality
•*Data Modeling (Mandatory)*
3. Modeling Tools (ERWin, PowerDesigner, Rational, etc)
1. ETL Tools like Informatica, DataStage, etc..
1. Data Marts, ODS and OLAP architectures
*•Database Design (Mandatory)*
1. In-depth knowledge of at least one industry-leading database
productlike, DB2, Oracle, MSSQL, etc
*Education Requirements:* 4 year degree in related field.
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing a data warehouse.
- Familiarity with dimensional modeling, decision support and reporting
- Strong skills in analyzing source system, data flows and delivering
best in class data architecture designs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Business Intelligence packages/suites (i.e. Business
Objects) and how they interact with a DW environment.
- Work with internal clients to understand desired enhancements to data
operations and integration of new data sources, and new variables to our
existing data feeds.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with management, employees,
and the client.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently and efficiently on several tasks
- Capable of completing work within assigned deadlines.
*Experience Requirements *
7+ years of experience in technical role.
*Special Skills Requirements:*
- Project management skills
- Ongoing awareness of technological trends to determine where to apply
- Knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of
- Knowledge of insurance operations and functional responsibilities.
*Kindly send the following details:*
Will you relocate or travel?
Current Project status:
*Thanks and Regards,*
*Vikas Jain| Bitsoft International Inc. | 630-566-9369**|**
**vi...@bitsft.com**|** **www.bitsft.com**|** **www.skillgalaxy.com|** *
P* **Save trees. Print Only When Necessary*
We respect your online privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail. Under
Bills.1618 Title III passed by the 105th US Congress this mail cannot be
considered Spam as long as we include contact information and a method to be
removed from our mailing list. If you are not interested in receiving our
e-mails then please reply with: REMOVE" in the subject line and your ID will
be removed from our mailing list. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at