*****Need Local Only*****

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well!!!!

Please Send me the suitable profiles to

Position: Senior Linux (RHEL)/Weblogic Engineer

Location: New York, NY (Need Local Only)

Duration: 6+ Months

Rate: DOE

F2F may be required after telephonic round. Candidates must be local or nearby
to NY.

Client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux server
environments with experience supporting J2ee applications running on Weblogic.
This is a contract to hire opportunity in midtown, New York City.

The primary role for this position is as follows:

* To architect, build, and support Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers running on
Intel hardware.
* Deploy and support mission-critical web applications for businesses, running
on WebLogic and JBoss platforms.
* Design and support clustered back-office computing environments on internal
* Help develop policies and coordinate with your counterparts in Operations,
Database Administration, Storage, and Networking organizations.

Qualified candidates:

* have at least 8 years experience administering UNIX in production
environments, ideally 3 years or more on Red Hat Linux
* have production experience supporting and deploying to web application
servers such as BEA WebLogic Server, Red Hat JBoss server, Apache Tomcat
server, and Apache HTTPD web server
* have recent experience in performance tuning and analysis
* have strong shell scripting skills and experience with Perl
* are proficient in at least one programming language
* have excellent communication skills and produce clear documentation
* can troubleshoot problems quickly and creatively
* can work on simultaneous projects in a rapidly-changing environment

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

* Support approximately 250 Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
* Architect, build, and configure hardware, operating system, and applications
(off-the-shelf and custom)
* Deploy public-facing web applications
* Automate recurring tasks
* Respond to after-hours emergencies on a rotation basis
* Proactively identify gaps and look to improve overall system availability

Required technologies/skills used in this position:

* UNIX command line
* Apache web server 2.x
* One or more: BEA Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat, Red
Hat JBoss
* UNIX shell scripting
* Perl scripting
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/4/5
* Must be able to work 95% of the time on the UNIX / Linux command line
* Working knowledge of the following Protocols and Standards: HTTP, SSL, CGI,
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly to solve technical
* Ability to interact with non-technical colleagues and communicate issues in
layman's terms.

Thanks & Regards,

Sophia Jones
Technical Recruiter