*Reply to t...@beyondtekit.com*
This is my direct client opening for *Systems Administrator - NY - NY*. This
is a *6 months contract* position. The Hourly rate is *$55/hr - $60/hr*.
1. Must have a working knowledge of the following Operating Systems:
Solaris 8, 9, 10, Red Hat Linux 3, 4.
2. Familiarity with SUN enterprise hardware including, E6900, E2900, and
3. Experience supporting the technical components used in enterprise
4. Strong problem-solving and analysis skills are required.
5. Ability to analyze a problem at a system level and determine the root
cause at a technical [detail] level.
6. Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly to solve technical
7. Ability to interact with non-technical colleagues and communicate
issues in layman's terms.
8. Ability to document procedures for use by other engineers.
*POSITION DOES REQUIRE SOME TRAVEL BETWEEN EAST WINDSOR NEW JERSEY AND NEW
*Position Description=Summary: *
Candidate should have experience with installation, management and support
of Solaris and Linux Operating Systems.
Candidate should have experience with a variety of systems administration
tools including, development lifecycle, configuration management,
implementation planning, troubleshooting, monitoring and support. Candidate
will work within a 5 member system administration team focused on supporting
Solaris and Red Hat Linux web, application and database servers.
Candidates must have the ability to self-manage time, constraints, in a
rapidly changing technical environment with heavy emphasis on effective
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
1. Along with the team, candidate accepts responsibility to help support
approximately 300 Production, QA and Development servers. The
responsibilities include: Remedy service requests, on-call support,
troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management,
and post-mortem root cause identification.
2. Interacts with and coordinates activities of cross-functional teams,
including development, web engineering, database administration, network
engineering and production support staff.
3. Coordinate hardware replacements with vendors, systems engineering and
4. Helps to develop and document standard operating procedures and best
practices in our technical repository.
5. Has the ability to identify gaps and proactively improve system service
6. Specify the candidates skill set in a three column table (this is
submitted separately from the resume itself). This table specifies the skill
name, experience level (in years) and the date that the candidate last used
the skill. Here is an example:
Date Last Used
-Education, Training and Certifications|Mandatory|Required
There are no Education, Training and Certifications specified for this
*Linux (Operating System) -07-09 Yrs*
*SAN Experience - 07-09 Yrs|*
*SOLARIS - 07-09 Yrs*
*SUN Solaris - 07-09 Yrs*
*Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated
Total IT Experience:
Total Systems Administrator exp:
Total exp with supporting the technical components used in enterprise
Total knowledge / exp with knowledge of the following Operating Systems:
Solaris 8, 9, 10, Red Hat Linux 3, 4: please specify
Total exp with SUN enterprise hardware including, E6900, E2900, and V890:
Total SAN exp:
Total Solaris exp:
Total SUN Solaris exp:
Total exp with installation, management and support of Solaris and Linux
Total exp with a variety of systems administration tools including,
development lifecycle, configuration management, implementation planning,
troubleshooting, monitoring and support:
Are you willing to travel between East Windsor New Jersey and NY (Y/N)?
Whether is it C2C/1099/W2? If 1099, specify the corporate name:
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Have you applied recently for this requirement earlier through any one else?
* If you qualify for this position, are available immediately and are
interested, please send your resume, rate and contact information to
*mailto:t...@beyondtekit.com?subject=systems Administrator - NY - NY
* Please ensure you complete and copy/paste the above-completed matrix with
*Thanks and Regards
Tel: 714-857-2002 - Ext -819
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at