*Pharma background is a must.*
Please send resumes to *roger.k...@maxelor.com* <roger.k...@maxelor.com> .
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create and maintain logical and physical data models using
established enterprise tools and best practices, including using the ERwin
data modeling tool.
- Partner with the application development team to create and implement
data strategies, design and build data flows, develop conceptual data
models, and define informational needs of projects.
- Create physical data models with the details necessary for a complete
physical data model, including the appropriate specifications for keys,
constraints, indexing, storage parameters, sizing, partitioning, and other
physical database attributes.
- Reverse engineer physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Publish data models and data model documentation for use throughout the
- Compare data models to other data models and physical databases and
keep changes in sync.
- Follow established enterprise best practices related to data modeling,
including use of standard naming conventions, processes, and templates to
ensure consistency of data models created across the enterprise.
- Follow established database development best practices, including
database object naming standards and other coding practices.
- Use established configuration management tools and procedures for data
models, SQL scripts, and other data model artifacts.
- Participate as part of project teams working with database developers,
DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, business owners, managers, and
other teams as needed to ensure that the systems meet the needs and quality
requirements of the business.
- Support enterprise data initiatives and data governance activities,
creating and maintaining metadata, performing data quality analysis, source
system analysis, and impact analysis.
- Assist in Creating and maintaining source to target matrices.
- Participate in design sessions and code walkthroughs.
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed technical designs.
- Provide technical estimates.
- Attend staff and departmental meetings and provide status updates.
- Disseminates information on any problems or potential delays.
- Coordination with multiple internal and external groups.
- Reviews deliverables for work done by external data warehouse groups.
- Strong knowledge of normalization.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL and familiarity with Oracle.
- Strong analytical skill, problem solving, organizational, and
multitasking skills coupled with a great attention to detail.
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in either of the
following disciplines: research, discovery, development or finance.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Business Intelligence
- Excellent problem resolution and data analysis skills.
- Must be able to present complex data/concepts in a clear,
understandable, and meaningful way for reporting to upper management
- Familiarity with the following concepts, with expertise in :
- Relational Modeling , Dimensional Modeling
- HL7 V3 Reference Information Model
- Good analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as be self-motivated.
- Must be open to flexible work schedule to remain in-step with project
and organizational needs
- Experience in Oracle environment
- Experience with performance tuning and indexing strategies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain
technical, non technical and relationships
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from peers or management.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS/Computer Science or equivalent combination of
education and experience required.
- 5+ years proven success as a mid to senior level data modeler, database
developer, or database administration required.
- 2+ years experience in Oracle required.
- 2+ years experience and proficiency with ERwin.
- At least 5 years of proven Data modeling experience in a large
enterprise data warehousing and analytics domain.
- 3 Years experience with Informatica.
Maxelor Technologies Inc.
201 W Passaic Street
Suite No 202,Rocelle Park,
Voice: 732 981 0990 ext 1501
Email : roger.k...@maxelor.com
Yahoo IM - Rogerrag
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at