*Reply to:v...@beyondtekit.com <to%3av...@beyondtekit.com>(LOCAL TO TEXAS
This is my direct client opening *UNIX AIX Admin - Austin, TX*. This is a *6
month’s* *contract* position. The Hourly rate is *DOE*. *Client is looking
for local candidates only.*
*Must-have* experience with:
- AIX 5 admin (at least at a basic level)
- exp creating accounts
- troubleshooting AIX issues
- Configuring AIX
- Knowledge of P system hardware
- working with large SAN infrastructure – DMX, Symetrix, Hitachi,
*Summary of Responsibilities*
Provides UNIX (AIX 5 & 6) systems support. Responsible for setup and
maintenance of UNIX (AIX 5 & 6) systems. Provides assistance in the
resolution of day-to-day issues that arise with UNIX (AIX 5 & 6) systems
hardware and software.
*Essential Job Duties*
- Performs application installations and setup.
- Performs OS installations and setup.
- Analyzes and resolves hardware and software issues.
- Works outside of normal business hours with little notice or
- Supports a 24 x 7 operation, and will carry a cell phone for this
- Develops and sustains a high level understanding of the competitive
- Increases and maintains proficiency as an “Industry Expert” on UNIX
(AIX 5 & 6) technology, methodologies, and concepts as appropriate.
- Establishes strong working relationships with key staff members in
- Facilitates communications throughout CUSTOMER
- Develops and maintains a high level of computer skills in Access, Word,
Excel Visio and Windows XP/Vista.
- Develops and maintains a high level of UNIX (AIX 5 & 6) architecture
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Presentation Skills
· Problem Solving
· Written Communication
· Associate’s degree in Applied Technology, Engineering or related
field or six years applicable experience is required.
· Minimum of 2 years (in excess of degree requirements stated
above) of progressively responsible experience in AIX 5 administration.
*Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated
Total IT Experience:
Total *UNIX AIX Admin *exp:
Total AIX 5 admin exp:
Total exp creating accounts:
Total exp in troubleshooting AIX issues:
Total exp in Configuring AIX:
Total exp of P system hardware:
Total exp with large SAN infrastructure – DMX, Symetrix, Hitachi, IBM Shark:
Whether is it C2C/1099/W2? If 1099, specify the corporate name:
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Have you applied recently for this requirement earlier through any one else?
* If you qualify for this position, are available immediately and are
interested, please send your resume, rate and contact information to
*mailto:v...@beyondtekit.com?subject=unix AIX Admin - Austin, TX
* Please ensure you complete and copy/paste the above-completed matrix with
*Tel: 714-857-2002 - Ext -815*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at