Need only GC/US Citizen/EAD

Position: Data Modeler

Location: Ann Arbor, MI (Need Local Only)

Duration: 6+ Months

Rate: ALAP

Submit GC/US Citizen/EAD

Locals only

Job Description:  Data Warehousing Center of Excellence Data Modeler

The DW Data Modeler is responsible for handling the data architecture role
(Data Modeling, Metadata Management, and Data Flow Design) within the Data
Warehousing practice (COE).  This individual will be the authority on their
area of expertise as it relates to implementation of Data Warehouses within the
Healthcare Division.

 Act as a SME (Final Authority) in area(s) of expertise on DSS/DW installations
 Provide Data Warehouse enhancements and maintenance as defined in agreements
 Be the liaison between developers and management for communicating solutions,
issues, and status

Data Modeling
 Construct logical and physical data models (normalized and dimensional)
 Facilitate indexing strategy activities
 Identify and define dimensional modeling components
 Assist with integration of data-centric and user-centric data models
 Assist with security modeling as it relates to data elements, objects and
values (virtual or physical)

Data Flow Design
 Design DBMS processes to move data into and out of Data Warehouses
 Design and develop OLAP and Aggregate data stores
 Develop Data Flow diagrams and Source-to-Target mapping
 Assist with the integration of Advantage Suite and external Data Sources

Metadata Management
 Provide input regarding metadata management content
 Enforce data integrity and quality standards through process and governance
 Design and/or construct metadata management applications and procedures
 Assist in planning for ongoing Data Warehouse maintenance needs

 Bachelors degree in computer science or engineering
 Minimum of 5 years of IT experience with 2 years focused in data warehousing
or business intelligence
 Experience in data modeling and data flow design
 Experience with one or more RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
 Demonstrated success in implementing on-time DW/BI systems
 Demonstrated ability to interact with cross functional workgroups
 Ability to adapt and flourish in a fast-paced business environment
 Excellent written and oral communication skills

 Experience with multiple data modeling techniques (Normalization, Dimensional,
 Experience with Data Modeling tools (ERwin)
 Experience with one or more BI/DW applications (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects)
 ETL Application experience (e.g., DataStage, Oracle Warehouse Builder,
 Experience in the healthcare field
 Mid-range system experience (Sun, HP, IBM)

Thanks & Regards,

Sophia Jones
Technical Recruiter
Data Group, Inc.