*Please send the best profile to mi...@bluespacetech.com or call me at 818
*Job Title: COBOL DEVELOPER w/ SQL Experience *
*Client Location: Colorado and Pennsylvania *
*Duration: 3 Month Contract*
*Interview Type: Face 2 Face*
*Job Description: *
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates programming application activities.
- Analyzes, designs and implements business application computer software
that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business problems,
questions or processes.
- Develops statements of problems and requirements, designs systems and
programs, and writes programs in computer language for solution by means of
data processing equipment.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software subject matter to
be programmed in business applications, information processing techniques
used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles
documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to
resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data
acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Typically, the Specialist level designs, specifies, implements, and
maintains automated and manual systems.
- Documents computer programs for systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Screens requests for computer services, determines general customer
requirements, develops and evaluates alternative systems solutions and
- Develops conversion plans and procedures. Translates high level
specifications for software components into designs and implements the
- Typically involved with complex software development issues that may
arise in a production environment.
- Should have the ability to lead small technical teams, 1-2 associates,
- Requires 5-10 years of progressive experience in systems
analysis/programming using specialized languages in any combination of
pertinent education and experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills along with the ability to
report status to leads and customers are required.
- Minimal direction and guidance is required. Other typical working
titles may include: Designer/Developer; Information Modeler. "
*Position Information *
- Application development experience with excellent analytical / problem
solving abilities. In-depth experience of C and Micro Focus
COBOLprogramming languages, and
SQLServer in a distributed Windows environment. Experience in Visual
Studio (currently using 2008), C# / .NET, and/or Crystal Reporting is a
- A working knowledge of Team Foundation Server or similar software
configuration management tool.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with working in a remote team environment.
- A working knowledge of warehousing, supply chain, inventory management.
- Note: This application is not on a mainframe platform.
- What are the three to five primary responsibilities of the position?
- Applications development in C & Micro Focus Cobol program languages
- SQLServer 2000 in distributed windows environment
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Full systems development life cycle experience
- Create requirements analysis and design (RAD)
Thanks & Regards,
BLUE SPACE TECHNOLOGIES
1010 N Central Ave|Suite # 204|Glendale|CA 91202|Direct : 818 630 5730|Fax :
440 794 5405
mi...@bluespacetech.com|URL : www.bluespacetech.com
Messenger : Yahoo : mirza_bst...@yahoo.com , Googletalk : mirza...@gmail.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at