Dotan Cohen wrote:
Currently notebook.zim is used as the notebook config file (opening it opens
zim). Using this extension for notes would force renaming the config file
and will backward incompatible.  I would prefer something less application
specific, although "file.wiki" or "file.note" on the other hand may be to
generic.
A case was recently made that backwards-compatibility could be
compromised as there is no release version yet.

Yes, but the case was about the interface behavior. When we break compatibility of notebook content we need to be able to detect it - the new version may change things, but it should know how to read notebooks created with a previous version and not break completely.

-- Jaap