Dotan Cohen wrote:
On a new install of Kubuntu, I have installed Zim 0.28 from the .deb
package on the Zim website. All my notebooks are in the ~/.zim
directory. When I first started Zim, I configured the only notebook
shown, Notes, to use the ~/.zim directory. Now, all my notebooks are
showing up as folders within Zim.

For instance, I had three notebooks: Home, Studies, Work. Now, I only
have one notebook, Notes, and in that notebook there are the folders
Home, Studies, Work. I need these to be Notebooks, not folders in one
large notebook.

You can edit that in the notebook list dialog (zim --list) or directly by changing ~/.config/zim/notebooks.list .

Currently there is no "notebook directory" that automatically sees all sub-diectories as notebooks. Would be a nice feature though and I believe there is a bug report requesting that.