El día Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:05:37 -0500, Servilio Afre Puentes
<servi...@gmail.com> escribía:

> >> rsync.net
> >        Not free, not Open Source, not something that you can implement on
> > your own server.
> Roberto, rsync *is* free software (GPL), see the homepage:
> http://rsync.samba.org/

        Yes, rsync (the software) is free software, but we were talking about
rsync.net, an online backup firm.

        To clarify, I don't want someone to host a rsync server for me. I
want something like Dropbox: transparent and immediate synchronization of a
folder (or folders), transmitting only the differences in files, not the
whole files. That's why I said "a FUSE filesystem": it'd be like sshfs, but
using rsync as backend.

        There's nothing like that in the Open Source world. Trust me,
I've searched :-) (though I'd be very happy to be proven wrong!)

--
        Roberto Suarez Soto                             Allenta Consulting
        r...@allenta.com                                   www.allenta.com