0x0000 wrote:
Given what I know about Perl's ability to transparently access remote files and
file systems, I was just getting ready to start looking at the Zim sources, but
figured I should catch up on the FAQs and mailing list, first...

Be aware that I'm pretty far with porting zim to python. So you might want to take a look at the python sources instead.

As I mentioned in the other part of this thread the storage classes are where you want to go poking around when you want remote connectivity. As long as you have a way to get and put files and to list directories it should be pretty straight forward. Python comes with a number of standard classes that allow web connectivity.