On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Jeff Schallenberg <
schallenberg.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
.. 8< ..

> I have configured Zim with the full path to firefox.exe:
>
> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
>
> But clicking on a link does nothing on Windows XP.
>
> How do I configure Zim on Windows XP to open an http:// link?

Works for me using firefox and zim 0.28. Most likely cause is that because
the path has spaces in it, you need to quote it. So try putting

  "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

in the preferences instead.

(Yes, I realize this is non-obvious -- new release will have much more
friendly interface - and use system default out of the box.)

If this does not fix the issue, you can use the attached script to start zim
in debug mode (assuming you used the windows installer). Put it in the zim
application directory and rename to .com (so remove the .txt) then double
click it.

Regards,

Jaap
@ECHO OFF

SET ZIMDIR=%~dp0
SET ZIMOPTIONS=%*
CD /D "%ZIMDIR%"
PATH %ZIMDIR%\camelbox\bin;%PATH%

IF EXIST "%ZIMDIR%\mode.portable" (
        SET HOME=%ZIMDIR%
        SET XDG_DATA_HOME=%ZIMDIR%Notebooks
        SET XDG_CONFIG_HOME=%ZIMDIR%.config
)
IF NOT EXIST "%ZIMDIR%\mode.portable" (
        SET HOME=%USERPROFILE%
        SET XDG_DATA_HOME=%USERPROFILE%\My Documents
        SET XDG_CONFIG_HOME=%APPDATA%
)

:: This doesn't work yet. :^( See ../limbo
:: -- trying to create a process with no console window when Zim wants to run a
shell command
:: SET PERL5SHELL=wscript.exe \"%ZIMDIR%\perl-cmd.vbs\"

:: Clear some Perl5 environment variables that might cause trouble
SET LOGDIR=
SET PERL5LIB=
SET PERL5OPT=
SET PERLIO=
SET PERLIO_DEBUG=
SET PERLLIB=

:: Debug stuff
::ECHO ZIMDIR:          %ZIMDIR%
::ECHO HOME:            %HOME%
::ECHO XDG_DATA_HOME:   %XDG_DATA_HOME%
::ECHO XDG_CONFIG_HOME: %XDG_CONFIG_HOME%
::EXIT

IF EXIST "%ZIMDIR%\mode.portable" (
        :: Check to see if current user has a configuration
        IF NOT EXIST "%XDG_CONFIG_HOME%\zim\notebooks.list" (
           :: Create new notebooks.list and empty notebook in My Documents
           camelbox\bin\perl.exe user-setup.pl
        )
        :: Main program
        START "" camelbox\bin\wperl.exe bin\zim "%XDG_DATA_HOME%\Main"
)
IF NOT EXIST "%ZIMDIR%\mode.portable" (
        :: Main program
        START "" camelbox\bin\perl.exe bin\zim --debug %ZIMOPTIONS%
)