2010/6/30 Evgeny Kurbatov <evgenykurba...@yandex.ru>:
> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 13:46 +0200, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
>> Another problem is what to do in case of conflicts. E.g. you have  a
>> file "foo" which is a text files, and you have a file "foo.txt". Now
>> which one maps to the page "foo" in zim ? I'm willing to extend zim to
>> use other text files as well when this problem can be solved in a
>> reliable and intuitive way.
>
> Why not to use some kind of per-directory database with the list of
> pages?  Just simple text file: one line --- one page.  You can keep any
> additional info in that.

I'm sorry, but we already have such a database in the .zim directory.
It is a bit more complex than a plain text file for performance
reasons, but basically fulfills the same purpose.

However this does not solve the problem. Zim should know automatically
which file to include in the database for a certain page name. So the
question remains how to deal with file names that map to the same page
name.

Regards,

Jaap