El 17/07/10 11:21, s...@z107.de escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question concerning the translation.
>
> Look at this example:
> Given is the menu entry "_Quick Note...", which I would suggest to
> translate to "Kurz Notiz..." in german.
> But the term "Kurz Notiz...", contains no 'q', so I do not know how to
> include the hint to the short-cut in the item name.
>
> any ideas?

I think K should be the short-cut, if it's not used by something else.
My opinion is it's better if menu shortcuts relate to the translated
words that is what the user actually sees. This makes translating menu
items in launchpad more complicated, because you have to keep track of
the letters you have already used.

However, I wouldn't apply that to general short-cuts like ctrl+f for
find, which I'd leave untranslated. Shortcuts of that kind are so
standard that it only harms to translate them, but menu items change
from one application to another.

Just an opinion. Regards.