On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 10:53, Brendan Kidwell <sn...@glump.net> wrote:
> And yet another comment:
> The installer has a "Portable" mode where you must specify the target folder
> and it does not do any desktop/shell integration. I haven't tested this yet,
> but it should work fine right out of the box. I might write a little wrapper
> script to launch a default notebook in some path relative to the binary's
> folder (for the case with executable + notebook data as folders under Zim on
> your thumbdrive). We should have something to publish on portableapps.com
> "real soon now".

I have tried to run the 0.49 installer [1] in the hopes of installing
the portable version on my USB stick, however, the installer needs
admin privlidges. For  users with no access to an Admin Windows
account (quite the reason for needing a portable version), what
solutions are there to install Portable Zim?

Thanks.

[1] http://www.glump.net/software/zim

--
Dotan Cohen