Hi Jaap,

the manual gives two options, either changing it through "the settings manager
of you desktop environment", in my case Openbox, so it's not obvious how...
Or through the file .gtkrc-2.0 by adding the line "gtk-can-change-accels = 1",
however my file .gtkrc-2.0 has these two other lines clearly stating not to
edit this file manually:
# DO NOT EDIT! This file will be overwritten by LXAppearance.
# Any customization should be done in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.mine instead.

So I tried to add the line above to the .gtkrc-2.0.mine and restart zim.
Nothing happened, i.e. Zim did not realize the change. If I do it on the
.gtkrc-2.0 itself I get to change the accelerator, which I did and then removed
the line from .gtkrc-2.0.

So you might consider adding these notes to the manual for the unprepared like
me.

Thanks.

Ramiro